I have recently been away in the beautiful country of Montenegro.
It. Was. Stunning!!
During this holiday and time away with my husband, I realised so many things!
- How far I have come in my life
- How much progress I have made from anxious mess to business owner
- The strength I have gained in the past 5 years
- My relationships are better than ever, real and stable
- I have the best ideas when I am in the sunshine!!
SO - I want to share some simple ways you can become more present in your life and on your holidays.
1. Take a blank journal!
I took a blank diary away with me to see what came up.
I wrote down everything that came into my mind!
Being present and embracing the moment is the most perfect way for you to capture yourself. Acknowledge how you feel and think and truly embrace it!
- new thoughts in the middle of the night
- mantras that I believe and want to live by
- aims and promises I want to commit to
- business plans
- future plans
- things that excite me
I have brought this journal home and am going to sit with these thoughts once a week and reflect on them. Focussing on making sure I live in that head space as much as possible.
2. Turn off your phone - aeroplane mode!
Montenegro isn't actually in the EU (which I didn't know before I went!!) which meant I couldn't use my data or phone unless I was in our apartment and connected to wi-fi.
I loved it!
I didn't have my phone buzzing and beeping and I wasn't having to reply to everything instantly - because I didn't know they existed yet!
Take time to be away from your phone and be present in yourself - like it used to be without mobiles and wi-fi!
3. Don't set alarms or make plans for everyday.
Go with the moment. You don't have to live like you do at home, when you're on holiday. Setting alarms automatically implies expectation, plans and commitments.
Being present allows you to take things as they come and enjoy the moment when it presents itself to you.
Allow that to happen and go with the flow!
Trust me - that is hard for me most of the time BUT this was the best I have ever felt and I 100% love that I did this during this time away.
Enjoy the moment and enjoy going with the flow beaut!